When we dine together, 100% of the profit from ticket sales and donations will be added to our Community Impact Fund. As we raise funds, we’ll work with our community partners to support historically marginalized communities, with a specific focus on:
- Food Access – Tackle food desert issues by supporting POC owned food access businesses and black farms through Black Soil
- Food Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship – Provide capital to help POC owned businesses grow around the community
- Emergency Relief – Fill gaps in aid through the Community Response Coalition of Kentucky
And, because we also want to provide wrap around support, we’ll use a portion of our funding to support our partners at the Community Innovation Lab, so they can work hand-in-hand with those nonprofits and entrepreneurs we fund, to drive real outcomes.
The short of it? We’re looking to maximize our impact with the funding we raise, by identifying projects and partners who drive meaningful results and create a ripple effect of good in Lexington.
How much funding will be distributed?
We”ll release funding in $1,000 increments, up to $5,000, as it becomes available. Because 100% of funding is derived from our events, total funding available month-to-month will vary based on ticket sales.
Who is eligible to apply?
We’re keeping it simple. You’re eligible to apply for funding if you live in Lexington (LFUCG) are a person of color or provide support for communities of color, and have an innovative idea or project that will drive measurable outcomes for the community.
What’s our evaluation criteria?
We’ll be looking to give out funding to people or organizations that:
- Work hand-in-hand with the community to develop solutions
- Build strong cross-sector partnerships for systemic change and scale
- Commit to long-term support from Community Innovation Lab
- Tackle root cause issues to drive measurable outcomes and impact
What happens if you receive funding?
The goal is to provide funding and support, without overburdening your staff (we know how painful reporting can be). You’ll receive a contract that includes agreed upon milestones/outcomes and regular check-in meetings with our partners at Community Innovation Lab. In those meetings, we will be working with you to help you achieve your mission.
Interested in partnering up?
Let us know what kind of impact you could make with $1,000.